Young Teen Helps His Family Escape Overnight Fire

Posted: 10/30/2015

Young Teen Helps His Family Escape Overnight Fire | The Moran Group

Houston, TX -- A 14 year old boy helped save his family from a fire that ignited in their mobile home.

The fire department responded to the fire at 3:09am today.  When they arrived they found flames and smoke, but a woman and her sons were safely outside.

The fourteen year old boy heard the smoke detector and alerted his family.  The family quickly escaped. 

"I felt some ashes fall on me, and then I noticed that the walls were burning down.  I get up, and I had a panic.  I was like, 'Oh my God.  I need to get out of here.  I need to get everyone out,'" Said Norvin Alberto, the fourteen year old boy.

The investigation is ongoing, but they believe that the fire started from an electrical outlet. 

Resource Center
News and Publications