Sprinkler saves Apartment Tower from Fire
Interested in learning more about fire sprinklers for high-rises in Chicago? Click here.
Fremont, NE -- An automatic fire sprinkler system stopped a fire from growing out of control this morning at the Stanton Tower apartment complex.
Fire crews were called to the scene of the fire at 3:56am today when the fire sprinkler activation alerted them to the fire. The resident left a piece of wood on the stove and set a microwave on the wood. It appears that this is the cause of the fire.
The smoke was contained to the 8th floor of the high-rise. Several residents evacuated the apartment. The evacuated residents had some water damage.
Captain Pat Tawney said, "The sprinkler system is priceless."
Tawney recommends residents of high-rises put a towel under their door and wait for fire crew evacuation when a fire event occurs in a fire sprinkler protected building.