Senior Apartment Fire Extinguished with Fire Sprinklers
Las Vegas, NV -- A fire sprinkler system extinguished a fire at a senior living home over the weekend.
The fire started when a woman was using an aerosol deodorant. The button got stuck, so she tried to pry it with a tool. The deodorant began spraying all over the bathroom. A candle lit on the sink sent a flash fire into the air when the deodorant reached it. The fire sprinkler head activated and extinguished the fire.
The woman had a burn equal to a sunburn (first degree) and was treated at a nearby medical center. For the average person, a first degree burn wouldn't require medical attention, but for a senior citizen, it could be serious.
Damage was estimated at less than $1,000.