Employee's Quick Action Saved Senior Home Residents from Fire
Forty-nine nursing home residents were evacuated when an employee spotted a fire in a laundry room.
The Hoover Fire Department credited employees of the Ridgeview at Meadowbrook for doing fire checks every fifteen minutes in saving residents at the senior home from fire.
The fire started in an industrial dryer. The fire alarms triggered and this caused the fire doors to automatically close. The automatically closing fire doors stopped the flames from spreading.
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and evacuate residents. Smoke was confined to one area and only four residents needed to be relocated.
You Might Also Like...