Lakeview Fire Damages NOLA's Mondo Restaurant
Interested in learning more about commercial fire protection? Click here.
A fire at a New Orleans, LA strip mall damaged three businesses on Monday, including the famous Mondo restaurant.
The fire department received a report of a fire at 11:46am yesterday. Firefighters arrived at the strip mall five minutes later and found that a wall of Mondo's was on fire. The flames extended to the roof. Within 30 minutes, the fire was brought under control.
The restaurant sustained minor fire damage and major smoke damage. It was also without electricity. According to the Mondo Facebook page, they are hoping to re-open today.
In addition to Mondo, at least two other businesses sustained damage. The Coral Reef Pet Shop has the worst fire damage and NOLA Snow, a snowball shop, sustained smoke damage. All shops are without electricity.
For updates, visit NOLA.com.