Fire at Vegas Strip restaurant ruled accidental

Posted: 1/3/2014

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Fire officials have ruled a New Year's morning fire accidental after it caused minimal damage to the kitchen of a Las Vegas Strip resort restaurant.

Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Erik Newman says a fire sprinkler activated and doused flames a little before 8 a.m. Wednesday after a bag of mesquite wood caught fire at Trattoria del Lupo at the Mandalay Bay resort.

Damage was estimated at about $2,000, and Clark County health officials inspected the restaurant after the fire.

Las Vegas-area hotels have sprinklers and adhere to strict fire codes enacted after a November 1980 blaze at the MGM Grand hotel killed 87 people, and an arson fire nearly three months later at the Las Vegas Hilton killed eight people.

Read More at: http://www.foxreno.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nv/34ff60a0-www.foxreno.com.shtml#.UsbY77QSZ8E

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Fire officials have ruled a New Year's morning fire accidental after it caused minimal damage to the kitchen of a Las Vegas Strip resort restaurant. Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Erik Newman says a fire sprinkler activated and doused flames a little before 8 a.m. Wednesday after a bag of mesquite wood caught fire at Trattoria del Lupo at the Mandalay Bay resort. Damage was estimated at about $2,000, and Clark County health officials inspected the restaurant after the fire. Las Vegas-area hotels have sprinklers and adhere to strict fire codes enacted after a November 1980 blaze at the MGM Grand hotel killed 87 people, and an arson fire nearly three months later at the Las Vegas Hilton killed eight people.

Read More at: http://www.foxreno.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nv/34ff60a0-www.foxreno.com.shtml#.UsbY77QSZ8E
Resource Center
News and Publications