5 Burned in Cal State Dorm Fire
Dorm Fire: 5 Injured in California State University Dorm
LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- Five women were burned after a kitchen fire broke out Friday in a dormitory near the campus of California State University Los Angeles.
The fire was reported just after 8 p.m. Friday at an off-campus dorm in a two-story building in the 5400 block of East Dobbs Street.
According to Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott, the fire may have been caused by cooking oil on a stove and was quickly extinguished by firefighters.
Five women ranging in ages from 18 to 24 were taken to the hospital with first- and second-degree burns. Two of the victims were in critical condition with burns from five to 20 percent of their bodies.
According to Scott, three of the victims were students at the college and two others were visiting.
Interested in learning more about dorm fire protection? Click here.
Tags: dorm fire, dorm fire mandate, dormitory fire sprinklers, fire sprinklers, fire suppression, school fire protection, fire protection systems, fire protection system design