Smoke at Columbine High School Caused by Cleaning Crew Drying Fan
Interested in learning more about school fire protection? Click here.
Littleton Fire Division Chief Wayne Zygowicz said the smoke came from a drying fan that malfunctioned.
Eight units from the Littleton Fire Department helped ventilate the building at 3:15 a.m.
Dispatchers initially told 7NEWS there was a small fire in a classroom, but Zygowicz said there was no fire.
A fire last Wednesday at the school was caused by contractors who were welding on the roof of the school, catching insulation in a wall on fire.
The smoke on Thursday was caused by a cleaning crew working on the school's floors.
Story provided by: www.thedenverchannel.com